What to do when someone dies.
We appreciate that it is difficult to say the least having to make decisions and dealinh with practicalities during the early days of suffering a loss. We will support and guide you all the way and have listed here some other things that have to be done.
Within the first few days after the death you will need to:
- Collect a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death from a GP or the hospital. (If the Coroner is involved it is a different process but Maria will advise you on this)
- Take that Certificate to the Registrars and register the death. Maria will again advise you on this
- Inform people of the death
Arranging a Funeral
We understand that this can be a difficult and overwhelming experience and will ensure that you are fully aware of the choices and options available to you. We will support you all of the way in arranging a funeral which carries out your wishes and exceeds yours expectations.
The things we will talk about are for instance:
- Type of funeral , cremation or burial
- Service in church, crematorium or graveside
- Non- secular service
- Orders of service
- Music, hymns